Wednesday 7 September 2011

Day 6: London

Well, it is a “wake up and look at the sky” approach to deciding what to do each day. I don’t think the weather forecasters here have been remotely close in getting it right so far. Today, fortunately, is pretty good so we head off to the London Eye. We get the tube and stop at Waterloo Station, the busiest station in London. We make our way down to the London Eye and before going on we check out the 4D experience. A good introduction on what to expect once we get on board. We climb aboard the capsule for our 30 odd minute journey around the wheel and it is amazing with awesome views of London. We take about 650 photos before getting off and we then take the walk across Westminster Bridge, past Big Ben, on our way to Westminster Abbey. Whilst walking across the bridge I get bailed up by some women trying to shove a rose down my shirt and asking for some spare change. I told the woman to get nicked and for that I’m “going to hell”.....according to her. Anyway, we made it to Westminster Abbey without further incident and joined the short queue for tickets. Once inside we saw some pretty amazing history and one incredible building. I’ve never seen anything like this before so it’s all blowing me away at the moment. I say a short prayer before exiting (just in case that woman was right) and we make our way by foot back toward our apartment in search of a feed. Whilst walking along we stumbled on 10 Downing Street which was a bit of an unexpected treat and a little further along some guards on horses. This proves my theory on walking everywhere instead of taking public transport. Where Kris’s approach is to whinge at how much we walk. I see that as 1 win for me and 0 wins for Kris!! We finish up the arvo with a bit of lunch, a bit of shopping, watch a few street performers here in Covent Garden and a quite beer down on the corner near our apartment. Now we are getting ready for the Lion King which is on at 7:30.
Tyler’s comments: Today went on a train that goes under the river to Waterloo. We got off and walked to the 4D experience of the London Eye. We got on and we saw the whole view of London. After the London Eye we went and saw Big Ben. Then we went to Westminster Abbey where Prince William and Kate got married. We got a treasure hunt to do and quizzes. If we got most of the questions answered we got a chocolate coin (it was big). When we walked we saw guards of the Queen. After we saw the guards we went shopping. We were looking for a bag for Mia and me but we couldn’t find any.
Mia’s comments: Today I went to the London Eye. We took lots and lots of pictures. It took 30 minutes to get around in one circle. After that we went to Westminster Abbey. It was fun because I got to do a quiz. Then we went to see the soldiers and I got to pat a horse. We went out for lunch and I had a toasted focaccia. We went back to our apartment and then we went to the pub. I had lemonade.

"Inside the London Eye"

 "Big Ben (standard tourist pose)"

 "Westminster Abbey (Wills & Kate entrance)"

"On our way to the theatre"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tyler it has been sooooo boring at schoooool!!!
    What flavour was the chocolate?And what did it taste like?Come back soon.

    From your best friend Mitchell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was the Lion King? Did the Lion jump off the stage and eat Kris for saying bad things about my cats??? :-)

    ReplyDelete