Monday 5 September 2011

Day 3: London

Today we woke to a rainy London day (rainy as in persisting down!). Our plans had to be rearranged as we were going to do the open top bus tour. Instead, we ventured to the underground and made our way to Madame Tussauds. It was our first real taste of the tube and we understand now why people rave about it, a mass of complicated train lines criss-crossing each other but extremely simple to navigate. We took 3 lines to get to Baker St station and 2 lines back and waited no longer than 2 minutes for a train. Transperth has 2 lines in total and you can wait forever, sometimes longer! Madame Tussauds was amazing. We didn’t realise that it was more than just wax figures. The highlight was the super hero 4D movie (aka Tyler heaven). This is not the sort of thing that would normally impress Kris or me but this was incredible. After that we headed to Lords, the home of cricket for a tour of the ground. Extremely disappointing is all we can say about that. They need to visit the MCG to see how a real tour is done. It was twice as expensive as an MCG tour and nowhere near as good. Never mind, I got to see the famous cricket ground and that’s all I wanted really. We did a lot of running after that, mainly from the rain and trying to catch buses but it was all good fun. Hopefully the weather will be better to us tomorrow!
Mia’s comments: This morning I went to a wax museum. All the wax people looked real! I also saw a 4D superhero movie, it was a cool movie. I saw Hanna Montana and Justin Bieber (just for Kiani). After the wax museum we went on a Lords cricket tour. It was the boringest, silliest tour I have ever been on in my life.
Tylers comments: Today I woke up still feeling half asleep. My sister and me were counting the time to have breakfast and yay, it was breakfast. The first thing we did today was we went to Madame Tussauds wax museum. It had all the famous people on television and movies. It also had famous soccer, running, basketball and rugby players. There was a soccer shootout where you have to hit the target. Me and my Dad both hit the target. Then we went to a room where you could see slaves being killed. There was this one of a slave, on a wheel and he had spikes stabbing into his back and he was getting squashed.
 "Kris and Elvis"

"The kids are helping out the Prez"

No comments:

Post a Comment