Saturday 3 September 2011

Day 2: London

Our first full day in London, spent mainly finding our way around and visiting local attractions by foot. We wondered through Covent Garden and headed down to Trafalgar Square. Covent Garden is full of people, all day, with lots of street performers and amazing shopping. We organised our tube tickets for the week, bought our open top bus tickets which we will be using tomorrow, and purchased tickets for the Lion King for Wednesday night. We are looking forward to getting out a bit more tomorrow and seeing a wider area of London. Weather wise it was a beautiful day, quite warm and very sunny.
Mia’s comments: Today I went to a restaurant to have breakfast. I had a huge, HUGE croissant. It was a lovely cool day so we went for a walk. I got to sit with a statue lion at Trafalgar Square and Dad took a photo of me. I also got a coin and pitched it into the fountain. After that we went out for lunch and I had fish and chips.....yum, yum. We back to our apartment and had a bit of a rest after all that excitement. We went out and I got a Pandora bracelet with a suitcase charm. It suited me.
Tylers comments: Today we had our first day in London. The first thing we did was go out and have breakfast. We went to Patisserie Valerie and my sister had the biggest croissant I have eve seen. I had a scone, it was big but not as big as the croissant. After we went for a walk for 1hr and 47 minutes. There were four big lions that were about 2m tall and 4m wide. We even got to make a wish and my wish came true.
"Hang'n around in London"
"Breakfast at Patisserie Valerie"

"London Underground"

No comments:

Post a Comment