Friday 30 August 2013

We're here!


Man that took a lot longer than we remembered but we arrived safely in London and the flight over was pretty uneventful, no vomiting from Mia, it seems Mia never spews when you go prepared. I'm sure she'll spew just at that moment when we've dropped our guard. The only real action came when Tyler decided to challenge me at PONG on the in-flight entertainment system. After wiping him off the court in straight sets (3 zip) and feeling quite content with my performance, I decided to watch a movie while Tyler took to the practice court. He threw down the challenge again a couple of hours later and he soon had me down 2 sets to love, clearly the practice had paid off. In good old Tyler fashion he was giving me a bit of a sledge, saying "Geez Dad, you need to get some practice into ya, it would be good if you could make a game of it". Cheeky little bugger. Needless to say he beat me 3-1. He then took me apart again 3-0 and I lost interest in PONG after that. We got through customs at Heathrow and followed the signs to the London Underground for the final 50 minute journey to the accommodation. We popped out at the Covent Garden tube stop and it is exactly as we remember, bustling with Friday night revellers. We take the short walk to our apartment and we are shagged at this point. In the past 46 hours I had only managed 3 hours sleep and Kris had managed not much more. We get to the apartment, drop our stuff and head out. We may be tired but we are also hungry. We find a little restaurant in the Covent Garden Market area and check out the menu that is displayed outside. It just so happens it’s a Jamie Oliver restaurant called Union Jacks. We order some food have a few drinks before heading back to the apartment. The 46 hours has now turned into 48 hours and it's fair to say we are buggered!

No comments:

Post a Comment